Content Release 2010.4
PLANET CALYPSO CONTENT RELEASE 2010.4
***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***
It has been one full year since the Frontier re-opened after the impact of War Titan Typhon. On the very anniversary of the impact, the Robots started a new offensive against humans after staying away for years. There have been a lot of speculations of the reasons why; the most popular theory speaks of a field test of a new kind of Robot technology, derived from the notorious Scylla kept locked away under a bunker at Zychion.
The new Scylla-type technology apparently allows robots to evolve, and has so far manifested itself as the Hydra – several times. Brave colonists have so far repelled the hydra seven times, thanks to a superhuman effort by alert intelligence gatherers and brilliant code crackers.
Key intelligence about the Hydra and its Scylla-type technology was handed over from the RX units. It is still not known why the alleged hybrid-robot enemies decided to help humans. Their motives remain a mystery, and CDF would like to remind everyone that any kind of collaboration with the enemy is considered treason.
Let there be light
There are three new lamps to be found.
Old and New Missions
The name tags of all the Iron Challenge Mission Brokers have been updated to contain the name of the contact. On top of that, there are 18 new missions available.
New teleporter official
The teleporter at the Calypso Gateway has been improved to be more noticeable. Also, to instruct new players on how to use the teleporter, there is a Teleporter Operator standing next to it.
Next Stop Fort Troy
There is a new mission chain linking Swamp Camp to Fort Troy, introducing some interesting locations while travelling. There are also some hidden secrets to unlock. Seek out the Swamp Camp Mission Broker to start this epic trek.
Love is in the air
A love-struck boy hanging around near Cayuze is looking for the courage to woo the love of his life.
There is a new Daikiba Iron Challenge in Twin Peaks and a Feffoid Bronze Challenge in Fort Fury.
Quench your thirst
The bartender in Fort Fury is looking for beer.
- Fixed position issues with some mission NPCs
- Fixed issue with “A private message from Mr Lyndon”
- Typos fixed in Fujiko Takida’s mission “Clear the area”
- Gateway teleporter made more eye-catching
- Set missing planet icon above the head of the Hunting Official
- Fixed issue with the crafting dialogue making it impossible to complete the crafting quest if you left the dialogue open while crafting
- Fixed issue with Memorial Island TP not having a name in the teleporter list
- Estate Development Program orders were carried out
- General spawns tweaked
- A flower in the mission "Adam's anguish" has the wrong icon in the Quest/Mission Log.